OUR RESPONSE TO
We are constantly reviewing this fast-moving situation and will update this page with any changes.
It is an unprecedented and demanding time for our staff and volunteers who work tirelessly not only to offer a range of training courses but to foster a supportive and friendly stage combat community.
We thank you for your support and would encourage you to check back from time to time for updates.
We are taking a number of steps to maintain safe standards in the classroom and will base our programming on both government advice as well as our own risk assessments.
Please see our Training Diary for more details on scheduled courses.
Any updated information or additional requirements will be sent in the Welcome Pack to our courses.
creating safe spaces
For our in-person training, we will be using the following procedures below during our courses:
- In the interests of safety for all involved, students will need to provide proof of a negative rapid lateral flow Covid-19 test taken within 24 hours of a session. You can order a home test kit here (https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests) or you can collect a home test kit from a pharmacy.
- Our venue will be cleaned daily with all handles and key areas sanitised.
- All equipment used will be disinfected before and after use.
- We will require students to take a temperature test and wash their hands with soap and water or use sanitiser (provided) at the start of a session. Any students with high temperature (37.8C and above) or regular coughing will be sent home and asked to follow government guidelines for those showing potential signs of Covid–19. Please be assured we will not penalise you for self-quarantining. Where this impacts on assessments we will work with you to find alternative future times to continue your training hours.
- Depending on the nature of the work, we may require students to wear face masks and/or face shields throughout the session. We will state if this is required in the individual session’s Welcome Pack. Please bring your own face mask as a matter of courtesy to others. Although they are not a guarantee of safety a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on as well as protection from passing on a general cold.
- We would ask students to bring their own water bottle to class.
We will continue to monitor the situation and review our policy if government guidelines or circumstances change.
OUR cancellation policy
Please see below a temporary update to our cancellation policy:
- 14-Day Cooling-Off Period – refund
There is a 14-day cooling off period, so long as this period does not cross over into the 14 days prior to the course start date. During the cooling off period, you may cancel your enrolment and obtain a full refund (via the same method of payment used) minus any charges ID has incurred e.g. when making a card payment for £100, ID is charged 1.4% + 20p (subject to change) so only receives £98.40 – this is the amount you will be refunded back to your card. We would humbly and kindly ask you to consider taking credit in lieu of a refund if possible so we can manage the cash flow of paying venues, suppliers etc. should this be possible for you.
- Cancellations after the cooling off period prior to the course commencing
100% of the workshop fee will be credited onto your ID account to reuse for future courses.
- Cancellations during an ongoing course
We will not penalise you for self-quarantining and will review absences on an individual basis. This may mean you can still complete the course on the reduced hours or may need to defer to a future course. We may also offer you training equal to the number of hours you have missed as an alternative. Your course leader should be notified of any absence so they can discuss the best way forward for you.
course enquries contact
Mental Health Advice
Advice from Equity
ID Fight community on Facebook
Join our Facebook community group to stay in contact with other students: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IDFight/